[AG-TECH] echo-cancellation on the cheap?

Tom Coffin tcoffin at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu Jan 31 23:33:20 CST 2002

can someone please elaborate on the facination
with cheapness. I mean we are talking about a multicast
environment with a minimun ds3 connectivity right? that aint too cheap.

on the other hand,
if you really want to get around the echo cancellation for nothing
wear headphones!

just curious....

_______________________________________
On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Randy Groves wrote:

    > I'm looking at the prices for setting up some nodes, and in this economic
    > climate, the $3000+ price for the Gentner sticks out like a sore thumb,
    > when you consider that it might be feasible in the near future to put all
    > of this stuff on one reasonably priced box.
    >
    > ASPI, now part of Polycom, is one alternative, but that's still $1800.
    >
    > Has anybody found a cheaper alternative?  A card for a PC?  An
    > echo-cancelling microphone?
    >
    > -randy