[AG-TECH] Room Layout

Luc Renambot renambot at cs.vu.nl
Fri Jan 18 12:02:07 CST 2002

It seems that a lot of people are using the Epson projectors.
In Amsterdam, we are using the Philips UGO Xlite for various
reasons :
  - Philips == Holland ;-)
  - it's DLP projector, very small and light (2.9 lbs), quite bright,
     contrasty, and cheap.
  - It's partially controllable by RS232 (the main functions,
      like "Power up/down", video source, ...) : "forget the remote"
  - 4 settings for projection : front/back projection
      and floor/ceiling projection
  - and a fixed wide-angle lens (short proj. distance).

It also exists as a Sharp product (M10-X or something).

You can see our setup at:
    http://www.nat.vu.nl/~tvdscha/ag/ag-vu/index.htm
     (photo "hardware05.jpg" and up for instance).

my 0.02 euro,

Luc.

  AG Amsterdam: http://www.nat.vu.nl/~tvdscha/ag/