[AG-TECH] bttv driver build

Mike Daw mike.daw at man.ac.uk
Tue Jan 15 10:40:25 CST 2002

We recently upgraded to a new RedHat6.2 kernel (2.2.19-6.2.12). We therefore
had to rebuild the bttv drivers from bttv-0.6.4h, downloaded from Bob
Olson's directory on ANL's webserver.

I was wondering what settings would be required in driver/Makefile (a part
of this is reproduced below)? We could build the drivers OK, but we had some
trouble installing them using 'make ins' (it necessitated a manual copy, and
they don't seem to load automatically at boot time).

The settings we're particularly concerned about are CARD and PLL.

Is there anything else we should be doing to make and install the drivers?

<driver/Makefile begins>
# config

# 0: Temic PAL tuner
# 1: Philips PAL_I tuner
# 2: Philips NTSC tuner
# 3: Philips SECAM tuner
# 4: no tuner
# 5: Philips PAL tuner
# 6: Temic NTSC tuner
# 7: Temic PAL tuner
# TUNER=0
# Do not select the tuner type here!
# Edit the type argument for the tuner module in "update"!

# Module arguments are documented in MODULES

# 0:  Auto-Detect
# 1:  Miro
# 2:  Hauppauge (bt848)
# 3:  STB
# 4:  Intel
# 5:  Diamond
# 6:  AVerMedia
# 7:  MATRIX Vision MV-Delta
# 8:  FlyVideo
# 9:  TurboTV
# 10: Hauppauge (bt878)
# 11: Miro Pro
# 12: TV-Boostar
# 13: Hauppauge WinCam
# 14: MAXI
# 15: Terratec TerraTV+
# 16: Aimslab VHX
# 17: PXC200
# 18: AVermedia98
# 19: FlyVideo98 (newer FlyVideo cards)
CARD=0
# This can be set using module parameters too.

# uncomment this if you have a Hauppauge with MSP34xx sound decoder!
#MSP=-DRESET_MSP_HAUPPAUGE
# This is gone.  If you have i2c I/O errors or autodetect goes wrong,
# load the module with "card=2"

# change this to 0 if you have a plain Bt848 and NOT a Bt848A or higher
# 0 == don't use PLL (plain Bt848, revision 17)

# use 1 or 2 if you have a Bt848A, Bt849, Bt878, Bt879
# 1 == 28 MHz crystal installed
# 2 == 34 MHz crystal installed
PLL=-DUSE_PLL=0
# This can be set using module parameters too.
.
--lines cut--
.
<driver/Makefile ends>

Michael Daw
Computer Services for Academic Research (CSAR)

Manchester Computing, Kilburn Building,
University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PL, UK

Tel: +44 (0)161 275 7026
Fax: +44 (0)161 275 6800
Email: mike.daw at man.ac.uk

http://www.csar.cfs.ac.uk/staff/daw/