[AG-TECH] Tandberg Control panel

Bob Huebert huebert at arsc.edu
Wed Jan 30 15:46:38 CST 2002

Hi Satish,

Remote control of our EVI-D30 Sony cameras was a lot easier than I
expected. While we don't have a 'ready-for-primetime' system, the
Sony EVI camera control software looks promising.

The 'VISCA' cable is not very special, it just performs a connector
translation between the 'VISCA' 8pin mini din and a conventional
d-shell 9pin serial connector. I wasn't able to find the command list
or cable information at Sony's site, but did find this reference:

http://www.vision.auc.dk/~tbm/Sony/EVID30.pdf This describes the
cable construction and the command language understood by the EVI-D30.

For a Sony EVI-D30, get the application (for windoze) at:
http://bpgprod.sel.sony.com/BPC/docs/software/d30e.zip

Hope this helps.

-bob

Bob Huebert
email: huebert at arsc.edu
HPC Visualization Systems Analyst           voice: (907) 474-5751
ARSC University of Alaska Fairbanks           FAX: (907) 474-5494