[AG-TECH] Font.

Kabe Vanderbaan Kabe_VanderBaan-KVANDER2 at email.mot.com
Thu Jan 24 19:49:55 CST 2002

All,
You may see the following error when you run arm-eventlistener or vrm-eventlistener,
I have seen this on my redhat 7.2 systems.

Fonts specified in font.properties not found [--symbol-medium-r-normal-* ....

There is a patch available at the location below

Kabe

http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/84/2001/9/0/6642826/

(Inluded below as well)

> Hi,
> When I tried to run a JAVA Swing application on linux Red Hat7.1, I got
> messages like:
> Fonts specified in font.properties not found [--symbol-medium-r-normal-*
> .. .......
>
> Could you pls tell me how to set the fonts?
> Thanks a lot!

Hi!

There is a patch for the font.properties file.
You should replace it with the new one:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/font.properties

See http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/relnotes.html#fontproperties

for details.

--
Kabe VanderBaan, Senior Research Engineer
Networks and Infrastructure Research, Motorola Labs