[AG-TECH] Room Layout

Marty Hoag Marty.Hoag at ndsu.nodak.edu
Fri Jan 18 09:28:40 CST 2002

   One other consideration is that many projectors have a built
in optical keystone correction that requires the project be mounted
level with the bottom of the projected image (e.g. sitting on a table
or top of the image (if mounted upside down from the ceiling).  That
means if you put them on shelves or the back wall at the top of the
image you would want to mount them upside down.  I haven't used the
Epson projectors though so I'm not sure what they have.

   Some of the higher end projectors do have OPTICAL corrections
available.  But beware of the digital keystone corrections and shifts.
The digital corrections work by shaving off pixels which will look
very very weird when you try to place the projectors to make a wide
mural - you will have gaps which are not projected.  Others can
probably provide more technical information on this.

   Marty