[AG-TECH] AG Echo problems

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 20 12:01:09 CST 2002

your gentner setup looks okay; you may be having a problem with hardware
loopback in your audio pc.

What sort of audio card do you have? Are you running the opensound.com
audio drivers? What is the output of these commands:

         cat /dev/sndstat
         /sbin/lspci
         /usr/lib/oss/ossmix

How clear is the echo -- does it sound like acoustic room echo, or hardware
loopback echo (if you've heard both you can probably tell the difference :-)

--bob