[AG-TECH] AG as general teleconferencing tool?

Stewart, Corbin J cjstewa at sandia.gov
Fri Feb 15 10:54:30 CST 2002

Like many of you, we are still trying to find the correct way to meet
customers needs regarding the management, scheduling and operation of our
node.  Currently our access grid node is available to anyone on site and the
operator remains with the customer for the entire meeting.  Our brief trials
of customer operation created a number of problems and I suspect frustrated
a number of remote operators.

Our operators charge their time to the customer's project and our pricing
scheme is similar to what we charge for our regular videoconferencing
setups.  We are hoping to be able to get to a point where we can initiate
the meeting then monitor/control it remotely.

We remind all customers that this is not a production videoconferencing tool
and is subject to "querkiness" and down time.  However, word of mouth and
Germantown's use of the access grid has spread enthusiasm for its use. So
far we only have a handful of regular customers but we are hoping to
increase the volume by hosting an Open House in the coming weeks.

Regards,
Corbin Stewart				     cjstewa at sandia.gov

Videoconferencing & Collaborative Environments
Sandia National Laboratories California
925-294-4856