[AG-TECH] X-Win32 troubles

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Dec 20 16:35:19 CST 2002

This may happen if you for some reason don't have read access to the video
capture devices; I suspect that if you are not logging into the console of
the linux machine that this is happening - the console login grants
read/write permissions on the video devices to the console user.

chmod 666 /dev/video* might do what you want (remember that then anyone who
has access to the machine can capture video).

--bob