[AG-TECH] projector/room setup

Osland, CD (Chris) C.D.Osland at rl.ac.uk
Fri Dec 20 04:35:17 CST 2002

From: Ulrich Schwenn [mailto:schwenn at rzg.mpg.de]

> There is a little help if you consider one of the NEC beamers namely the
> the GT950, which allows an optical lensshift of +/-55%, bringing the
> beamer quite a lot out of sight even for  low videowalls.

That's interesting - I'll have a look for prices for it in
this country.

Can someone clarify the specification - I've looked at the PDF
spec sheet and the +-0.55, +-0.85 is not clear to me.  For
instance the Panasonic projectors I use have fixed optical
geometry.  If they are on a table (normal way up) and you consider
a horizontal line through the optical centre of the lens, the
image on the wall is about 95% above the line and 5% below - the
imagined line would be about 6 inches above the bottom edge of
the image at about 10 feet throw.  Would this, in the terms used
in the NEC spec, be +0.95 or +0.475?  I can see arguments for
both.

Many thanks

Chris

Chris Osland                         Office tel: +44 (0) 1235 446565
Digital Media and Access Grid      Medialab tel: +44 (0) 1235 446459
BIT Department             Access Grid room tel: +44 (0) 1235 445666
e-mail:   C.D.Osland at rl.ac.uk               Fax: +44 (0) 1235 445597

CLRC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory (Bldg. R18)
Chilton, DIDCOT, Oxon OX11 0QX, UK

[The contents of this email are confidential and
are for the use of the intended recipient only.
If you are not the intended recipient do not take
any action on it or show it to anyone else,
but return this email to the sender and delete your copy of it.]