[AG-TECH] AG Vic / OpenMash Vic Performance comparison

Kabe Vanderbaan kabev at motorola.com
Mon Dec 2 14:37:16 CST 2002

Hello All,
We have started trying to use OpenMash vic as part of our research.  However, OM vic
appears to have certain performance issues that we did not see in AG vic.

For instance, when there are apx 12 feeds available, and we try to choose all 12
feeds to display on the screen, it takes longer and longer for the windows to show up
on the screen after selecting the thumbnail.  In fact, There is a good 20 seconds
before OM vic will respond to even a mouse click.

We are testing on a Dual 650Mhz Processor Pentium III running Windows 2000.  We have
tested both on this machine and do not see the performance issues when using AG vic.
  We have used both OM 5.2 and from CVS, and have compiled it using the performance
enhancements (Without Debug).

We need to do some development, and would like to use OM vic, but we cannot give up
the performance of AG vic.  So, I have some questions below.

Has anyone else experienced the above problems?
Has anyone done a performance test between AG vic and OM vic?
Does a fix, or a workaround exist for this at all?

Thanks,
Kabe
--
Kabe VanderBaan, Senior Research Engineer
Networks and Infrastructure Research, Motorola Labs