[AG-TECH] FW: [AVT] Multiple IP address scenarios in a multicast environment

Matthew Wolf mwolf at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Aug 29 19:49:26 CDT 2002

Ah, Ivan beat me to it, and he said it more sucinctly than I probably
would have managed.

But here's a particular usage scenario that I think is relevant.  Sony's
already come out with a version of their PTZ camera which has an
embedded processor that does http out the back end.  I think we may be
fast approaching the day where we can do vic straight off the camera,
which means we can skip the capture computer entirely.

This opens up all sorts of intersting applications and makes
installation  and setup much friendlier.  (No more XLR cables!!!)  But
it definitely stretches the node definition to more than just a fixed 3
IP addresses.

Just my two cents...
Matt

--