[AG-TECH] Request for Participants - Alaska Demo

Jim Miller jmiller at insors.com
Fri Aug 16 10:29:13 CDT 2002

inSORS from Chicago will be there.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ag-tech at mcs.anl.gov [mailto:owner-ag-tech at mcs.anl.gov]On
Behalf Of Don Morton
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2002 9:47 AM
To: Sergeant A. G. Tech
Subject: [AG-TECH] Request for Participants - Alaska Demo

Hi all,

On Monday, a VIP (interim Dean of College of Business and
Public Policy at the University of Alaska Anchorage, retired
3-star general, etc., etc.) is coming up to Fairbanks, and
among other things is very interested in this thing called
the Access Grid.  Hence, we will be putting on a demo for
him at Arctic Region Supercomputing Center and would be
appreciative if a couple of you out there would be willing
to just "show" up in the Bridgeport Room.

Basic agenda is that demo is scheduled to start at 08:30 Alaska /
10:30 Mountain / 11:30 Argonne / 16:30 UTC.  We'll be connected
with Jeff Shuckra at HPCERC then, getting ready to talk about
a proposal we're all working on.  When the VIP shows up, the
plan is for me to give a bit of a presentation (slides will be
just local - I want to keep the technology as simple as possible
on this, though I'm sure ARSC nodeops would be happy to point
a camera at screen) about the AG, and a quick demo of how VNC
can be used to interact with a scientific visualization machine
in Missoula (Jeff, have I told you that I'm going to have you
be the guinea pig, letting you play around with our machine
from New Mexico?? :) :)).  I believe Roger Edberg may be doing/saying
something, too, but I need to coordinate with him more (my fault,
Roger!!).

If any of you are willing to hang out in Bridgeport Room on Monday for
this, would you please let me know ASAP?  We only need one or two sites
in addition to New Mexico, and all you really have to do is sit there
and engage in lively conversation with us from time to time :)  In
particular, we'd love to see Argonne if you're available!

Thanks,

Don
--
Don Morton                   http://MRoCCS.cs.umt.edu/~morton/
Department of Computer Science       The University of Montana