[AG-TECH] New Node Install

Matthew Wolf mwolf at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Aug 2 10:30:57 CDT 2002

I've had this problem as well.  I got around it by putting links into
/usr/local/ag/lib that were named **8.0**, but pointed to the 8.3
libraries.  You then write a wrapper script for reflector that adds
/usr/local/ag/lib to LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

It's not a very nice hack, but it does work.

Matt

"S.Booth" wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Bob Olson wrote:
>
> > you can install a stock 7.3 redhat, and install the RPMs from
> >
> > http://ag-tech.mcs.anl.gov/reldb/repository/releases/agib/snapshots/snap-006/
> >
> > --bob
>
> The reflector RPM does not seem happy with redhat 7.3
>
> rpm -v -U
> http://ag-tech.mcs.anl.gov/reldb/repository/RPMS/i386/ucl-reflector-1.00-1.i386.rpm
> Retrieving
> http://ag-tech.mcs.anl.gov/reldb/repository/RPMS/i386/ucl-reflector-1.00-1.i386.rpm
> error: failed dependencies:
>         libtcl8.0.so is needed by ucl-reflector-1.00-1
>         libtk8.0.so is needed by ucl-reflector-1.00-1
>
> 7.3 seems to install tcl 8.3 not 8.0 Other rpms installed fine.
>
>                         Stephen
> |epcc| Dr Stephen P Booth             Project Manager           |epcc|
> |epcc| s.booth at epcc.ed.ac.uk          Phone 0131 650 5746       |epcc|

        -- Matthew Wolf
        -- Research Scientist, IHPC Laboratory
        -- College of Computing, Georgia Tech