[AG-TECH] AG 1.1 Release

White, Derek [NCSUS Non J&J] DWhite11 at NCSUS.JNJ.COM
Wed Aug 28 08:40:08 CDT 2002

Justin & folks,

Thanks for the clues earlier. Here is a work-around to launch OM Vic with
custom settings (see end for PIG issues):

In the Vic startup script, you need a user_hook something like:

VicApplication instproc user_hook {} {
	# settings:
	$self add_option maxbw 10000000
	$self add_option bandwidth 4000000
	$self add_option framerate 29
	$self add_option quality 100
	$self add_option defaultFormat h261
	$self add_option inputType NTSC
	set device "YOUR DEVICE HERE"
	$self add_option defaultDevice $device
	$self add_option defaultTTL 15
	$self add_option rptName "YOUR NODE NAME HERE"

	$self instvar ui_
	$ui_ instvar controlMenu_

	$controlMenu_ tkvar muteNewSources
	set muteNewSources 0

	$controlMenu_ build_window
	$controlMenu_ invoke_transmit

	# Set Quality
	$controlMenu_ setq [$self get_option quality]
	$controlMenu_ instvar qscale_
	$qscale set [$self get_option quality]

	# Set fps:
	$controlMenu_ set_fps .menu.cb.frame.right.fps.value [$self
get_option framerate]

	# Set bps:
	$controlMenu_ set_bps .menu.cb.frame.right.bps.value [$self
get_option bandwidth]
}

Of course you need to use real values for the strings beginning with "YOUR
"... Someone will need to do further work to get PIG to provide these
settings to Vic.

 - Derek

ps. Yes, this is an ugly hack. We really need to get OM vic to look at the
specified options at transmit time (maybe in select_format?).