[AG-TECH] AG 1.1 Release

Heisen, Andrew [NCSUS] AHeisen at NCSUS.JNJ.COM
Tue Aug 27 10:49:50 CDT 2002

Hi all, I've got 2 more PIG questions.

We too are unable to set the default quality to anything other than 10,
though we can change other settings through a startup script.  Can anyone
help us with this?

Even more importantly, we're having trouble with OM VIC performance.  When
Vic starts up it seems to be throttling it's own bandwidth such that it can
never transmit at more than 2 fps with about a 2-4 sec delay.  Raising the
bandwidth allowed helps slightly but does not solve the problem.  Oddly,
when the "settings" button is pressed, openning the options dialogue, VIC
fully recovers immediately and begins transmiting at our specified rate of
29 fps and with no delay.  This is without actually altering any of the
settings.

If anyone can offer any explanations or suggestions as to how to fix this,
we'd greatly appreciate it.

-Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas M. Mueller [mailto:thomas.m.mueller at Dartmouth.EDU]
Sent: Thursday, July 04, 2002 12:30 PM
To: Mary Fritsch
Cc: ag-tech at mcs.anl.gov
Subject: Re: [AG-TECH] AG 1.1 Release

i just installed the PIG version of release 1.1 (which is great, by the
way) on our machine.  is anyone available for testing in the test room?
also, a couple questions about the video resource manager.  is there a
way to change the default settings for frame rate/bandwidth/quality so i
don't have to change them every time i start up the node?  is there a
reason the quality setting in vic always starts at 10 no matter how i
set it in the video resource manager?