[AG-TECH] Dead RAT under Redhat 7.3

Steve McGough (Mobile) asm100 at doc.ic.ac.uk
Wed Aug 14 14:12:48 CDT 2002

Hi, Just wondering if anyone has seen a problem like this or has an idea
how to solve it.

We have an access grid node that has been up and running successfully
for the last year. The ag audio computer was running the Access Grid
redhat distribution without any problems. We decided to install Redhat
7.3 onto the computer. These are the steps we did:
1) Install Redhat 7.3 with fairly normal configurations.
2) Installed the latest RPM's for the AG
(http://ag-tech.mcs.anl.gov/reldb/repository/releases/agib/snapshots/snap-006/update)
3) Installed the NVIDIA optimised grapics drivers
4) Installed the OSS audio drivers (audio works - can play files etc)

Unfortunatly when you try to run rat (either from the command line or
through the launcher) nothing appears. No windows and no audio.

Hope someone can help, if more information is required just ask,

steve..

Dr A. Stephen McGough
Research Associate, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine,
Department of Computing, 180 Queen's Gate, London SW7 2BZ, UK
tel: +44 (0)207-594-8310                         fax: +44 (0)207-581-8024
Assistant Warden, Brabazon House, 5 Moreton Street, Pimlico, London
SW1V 2PN, UK            tel: +44 (0)207-828-4733 fax: +44 (0)207-233-8105