[AG-TECH] IE as default browser in AGSetup1-0-1

Randy Groves randy.groves at boeing.com
Thu Sep 20 10:55:12 CDT 2001

I don't know if this is common or not.  I installed the Release Candidate
on my display machine, and notice that it uses IE as the default browser
for starting up the venues now.  Not a problem initially, but I notice a
behavior that didn't exist in the previous setup.

I was participating in the Production Institute today, and clicked on the
URL that was in the MUD for the Dist. Powerpoint presentation.  Since IE
was set up as my default browser now, the URL showed up there.  Not a
problem.  But when I hit the 'back' button to go back to the venues page,
IE restarted my connection to the venue, thereby restarting the vic, and
blowing away all the images that I'd placed on the screen.  (I've yet to
master the autoplace - that's on my todo list ...).

The same thing happens if I try to open a second IE window.  I'm guessing
that one of the problems is that IE has as it's default page the AG venue
page, so I'm going to play around with that - and also probably make
Netscape the default browser to avoid the 'restart' action of I need to
look at another site.

Anybody else encountered this?  Or is my setup unique?

Thanks!

-randy