[AG-TECH] sound card problem

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Sep 10 16:14:41 CDT 2001

>         Sep 10 10:20:50 chlagaudio oss-sound: Starting sound configuration:
>         Sep 10 10:20:50 chlagaudio oss-sound: OSS driver (sndshield) is
> already
>loaded
>         Sep 10 10:20:50 chlagaudio oss-sound: Use soundoff to unload it
> and try
>again.

This seems odd.

What is the contents of /etc/conf.modules?

What do the following commands print on your machine:

         /sbin/lspci
         /usr/lib/oss/ossmix
         /sbin/lsmod
         cat /dev/sndstat

It would be good as well to install the latest rat, including its debug
version:

http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/~olson/AG/Software/Linux/new-vv/ucl-rat-4.2.19-1
.i386.rpm
http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/~olson/AG/Software/Linux/new-vv/ucl-rat-debug-4.
2.19-1.i386.rpm

And to run the debug rat and send me its output:

         /usr/local/ag/bin/rat-debug ipaddr/port

--bob