[AG-TECH] how to start rat

Supreeya Miller Supreeya.Miller at usm.edu
Fri Sep 7 16:20:01 CDT 2001

All,

It turned out that the computer does not reconized the sound card.

I got the computer from SAG.  The specs said
	BoardSpecs	1	Onboard Sound and Ethernet
	Sound		3	PCI-128 Xoundblaster		Creative Labs
Then I bought the license from OpenSound.  I chose
	SoundBlaster PCI/Ensoniq AudioPCI(APCI)
	Linux Intel
and the install program "for Linux 2.2.x/2.4x(x86)".

When I run ./oss-install.  The AutoDetect said "Intel 810 ICH(Rev1".  If I
click on the Manual Configuration, it said
	Card: Intel 810 ICH(Rev 1
		Device:INTELPCI (enabled)

Have I done any wrong?

Supreeya Miller
System Administrator/Visualization Researcher
High Performance Visualization Center
Center of Higher Learning
Building 1103
Stennis Space Center, MS  39539