[AG-TECH] Mime-Version: 1.0

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 5 07:38:58 CDT 2001

A prototype release of the new Virtual Venues server is now available.

You will need a cleanly built RedHat 7.1 system. When you build it, ensure
the following packages are installed:

	Web Server
	SQL Server

For those that use KickStart, I have attached a KickStart configuration
file that I use for building test machines. (You'll have to change the NFS
build option to something appropriate to your site, of course).

The RPMs are available at ftp://ag-tech.mcs.anl.gov/pub/vv/. Install all
the .i386.rpm files:

	rpm -U -v <rpm filenames>

You will find further installation notes in

	/usr/share/doc/ag-vv-1.0.00/INSTALL

The primary purpose of this release is to shake out installation issues.
There are some loose ends in the implementation as yet that will be fixed
in the short term.

You can report problems with the installation via the Bug Tracker at Source
Forge. Go to http://sourceforge.net/projects/accessgrid and click on the
Bugs link to get there. Set the category in the bug report to "Virtual
Venue Server".

thanks,
--bob