[AG-TECH] audio loopback?

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 5 07:20:53 CDT 2001

At 04:13 PM 9/4/2001 -0400, Tom Coffin wrote:

>I appear to be getting audio loopback even
>though I have turned all line levels to zero
>in aumix. Is there a pointer to card or driver
>documentation? I'm using the SB128's

Is it an original SB128? (you can tell with 'cat /dev/sndstat': if the
mixer device shows up as

         Mixers:
         0: Ensoniq AudioPCI

it's an original one. A newer one will show up as something like

         AudioPCI 97 (CRY13/0x43525913)

Anyway, with the original SB128 the line level-to-zero fix is not the right
one; instead, you can run

         /usr/lib/oss/ossmix mute.linemute on

The script /usr/local/ag/bin/setup-mixer does this.

Did the contractors find the loopback that's in the audio routing system
itself there at Access?

--bob