[AG-TECH] Video Titling for All...for the Cost of One VideoStream

Paul Salva psalva at cps.k12.il.us
Wed Oct 31 11:39:09 CST 2001

Good point!  Gabriel pointed out that it would be good if the video viewer
supported titling. That way sending program would only need to send a stream of
time coded text to port associated with the multicast group the video rendering
would take the text received and Blt the text on a frame by frame basis. This has
the advantage that no matter what the video quality is the text will be readable.
If the text is sent compressed into the video frame you won't be able to read the
text when higher compression settings are used.

note: Gabriel is working for Jason on enhancing the VVP - getting multiple iPAQs
to receive streams from the AG.

Thanks!