[AG-TECH] Daylight Savings Time ends

Markus Buchhorn Markus.Buchhorn at anu.edu.au
Tue Oct 23 19:01:23 CDT 2001

At 04:27 PM 23/10/2001 +0100, Mike Daw wrote:
>Daylight Saving Time ends for the US, all of Europe and Australia on October
>28. So any time differences remain what they were before. UK time will be
>UTC+0.

Just your offsets from UTC will change - so if you quote times as UTC
(please do!!) you'll need to correct.

It *starts* for (parts of) Australia this weekend (we're not due in the
Northern hemisphere for a couple of million years yet :-) ). Between us and
the U.S./Europe this makes a 2 hour change.

(Those parts of Australia that participate in DST, i.e. NSW(Sydney),
ACT(Canberra), Tasmania, Victoria(Melbourne) and (I think) South Australia
(Adelaide)). All bar S.A. move to GMT+11 (S.A. would become GMT+10.5).

Cheers,
         Markus

Markus Buchhorn, Faculty of Engineering and IT,          | Ph: +61 2 61258810
email: markus.buchhorn at anu.edu.au, mail: CSIT Bldg #108  |Fax: +61 2 61259805
Australian National University, Canberra 0200, Australia |Mobile: 0417 281429