[AG-TECH] VIC Problems

Allan Spale aspale at evl.uic.edu
Thu Oct 18 17:28:42 CDT 2001

Hello,

There are a few reasons why this might occur.  The obvious, and probably
not the correct source of the problem, is that there is no video being
sent to the IP address that VIC is connected.  The other reason is that
your site is having network connectivity problems.  You can verify this by
checking with other sites to see if they are having the same problem.
Sometimes the situation may not be as harsh (that is, see no video at
all), but may be slight such as having a few sites missing because of some
network connectivity problems.

If you have not already checked the web beacon viewer, this is a good
indicator that will show if your site is experiencing network connectivity
problems with other Access Grid nodes.  In order for your site to appear
in this list, make sure that nlanr beacon is set to run when Linux loads
(not sure of the exact statement but goes something like this: /sbin/nlanr
(cannot remember the remainder of this command).

The URL for the web beacon viewer is:
http://beaconserver.accessgrid.org:9999/

I hope that this helps you.

Allan