[AG-TECH] Omnivew Matrix troubles

Brian Chee chee at hawaii.edu
Wed Oct 10 13:24:09 CDT 2001

I've had problems with many different brands of kvm's and the problem arises
for me when you have several different resolutions on the same
KVM....everything seems to freeze....power cycling the kvm has fixed it in
all of my cases.  Cybex was the only manufacturer that gave me an answer
when asked about this....basically the CPU gets overwelmed trying to do the
conversions....no further explaination was offered....when I moved all the
machines (9 of them in my case) to the same resolution, freezing just about
went away.

My wild guess is that KVM vendors don't throw much CPU at these
boxes....maybe they're running windows, and that's why they need to be
rebooted so often? ;-)

/brian chee

University of Hawaii ICS Dept
Advanced Network Computing Lab