[AG-TECH] Omnivew Matrix troubles

Charles Parks cjparks at vpha.health.ufl.edu
Wed Oct 10 07:48:22 CDT 2001

When we first started having lockups, I moved all the node equipment over to an old Compaq switch we had lying around. For a week we ran without a single problem. Then we moved back to the Belkin, and within a day both the video and display machines were locked. Not conclusive, but certainly compelling...

Chuck Parks <cjparks at ufl.edu>
University of Florida
IT Center System Administration
1.352.392.3900
>>> Don Morton <morton at cs.umt.edu> 10/09/01 23:25 PM >>>
Very interesting - we've certainly had Linux  machine lockups
that required hard reboot, and now and then I've had sporadic
behaviour out of the Belkin, but never related the two
problems.

I assume you've done something that absolutely convinces you
that the Belkin is the problem?  The fact that Linux locks
up at all, of course, is something "different" as it tends
to be quite stable but, I figured maybe there was something
about the AG apps running on it that pushed it in ways that
other Linux machines don't experience.

--
Don Morton                      http://www.cs.umt.edu/~morton/
Department of Computer Science       The University of Montana