[AG-TECH] Portable AG nodes?

David E. Bernholdt bernhold at jumby.csm.ornl.gov
Fri Oct 5 13:39:36 CDT 2001

We have interest in another AG node here (even before the first one's
done), and for various reasons I'm considering suggesting a portable
node.

I saw ANL's portable node at SC2000.  I'm curious what the state of
the art is these days?  How big a display was/is on the ANL node?  And
on others?  Do you mount the cameras on tripods?  Roughly how much
more is a portable node going to cost compared to the regular system?

Thanks for any info/pointers.  David
David E. Bernholdt                   |   Email: bernholdtde at ornl.gov
Oak Ridge National Laboratory        |   Phone: +1 (865) 574 3147
http://www.csm.ornl.gov/~bernhold/   |   Fax:   +1 (865) 574 0680