[AG-TECH] Omnivew Matrix troubles

Mike Daw mike.daw at man.ac.uk
Thu Oct 11 03:10:16 CDT 2001

> Do we have an alternative?
Well, we do in the UK. We are using a Matrix ServSwitch (model SW742A-R3; 2
Users X 4 CPUs) from BlackBox with coax cables throughout.

Not only have we never had problems, but neither has the whole of our
department, where they're plastered about all over the place.

It's time for a UK list of recommended hardware (especially seeing as the
MatchMaker is very hard to get over here)... (On my job list, but see
http://www.man.ac.uk/mrccs/global_supercomputing/hardware.html for what we
bought, if it's relevant to you.)