[AG-TECH] SB Live! loopback problems

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Oct 3 07:10:24 CDT 2001

At 05:45 PM 10/2/2001 -0400, James Miller wrote:
>I am having a problem with my SB Live! card in the audcap machine.  I am
>hearing my mic inputs through the output of the soundcard.  I am running the
>kernel drivers that came with redhat, kernel ver. 2.4.10.  I have also tried
>the OSS drivers with the same problem.  I assume that this is going to be a
>simple loopback setting, but my mixer "aumix" has no such switch.

In the SBLive, the 'Line' setting is what controls the level from mic to
speakers, so you will want that to be zero. (Record levels are set by
either 'Reclevel' or 'IGain' depending on the drivers you are using).

Note that the SBLive is not the best card for conferencing; it has
relatively high audio latencies due to minimum data transfer sizes on its
bus interface.

--bob