[AG-TECH] Scinet at SC01'

Bill Nickless nickless at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Nov 28 17:40:46 CST 2001

There were six OC-48c links to the outside world, plus an OC-12, for a
total of about 15.622 gigabits/second of external capacity.

There were about 100 booth drops.  Something like 60% were Gigabit
Ethernet; most of the rest were 100BaseFX, and there were a smattering of
OC-48 POS and ATM booth drops.

At 04:00 PM 11/28/2001 -0700, Jeremy Sauer wrote:
>Does anyone have a rough estimate on the total bandwidth
>provided to SC01' by Scinet?  I'm giving a quick
>presentation on my expeience at SC in one of my classes here
>at UM.  Thought this would be an interesting snippet of info
>to tell people.
>Thanks,
>Jeremy

===