[AG-TECH] Bill's Introduction to Multicast Practice - Live from Scottsdale!

Marty Hoag Marty_Hoag at NDSU.NODAK.EDU
Mon May 21 14:23:48 CDT 2001

   I noticed talk on the meadow moo today about Bill Nickless talking
at the NANOG meeting in Scottsdale, Arizona.  This might be of special
interest to all our networking folks who support our multicast
connections on the Access Grid.

   The talk, entitled "Introduction to IP Multicast Practice" (
http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0105/multi.html ), is scheduled for
   15:30-17:00 PDT / 22:30-24:00 UTC
   (5:30-7 p.m. CDT, 6:30-8 p.m. EDT)
today, Monday, May 21, 2001 (see agenda at
http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0105/agenda.html ).

   It is available via both

Realplayer (click on RealMedia Webcast on the conference home page at
http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0105/index.html )

   and

multicast (see http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0105/network.html#multi )
in the following group combinations (should be listed on SDR as
NANOG 22):

H.261
     video - 224.2.246.93/52720
     audio - 224.2.129.33/27324