[AG-TECH] MSB and Linux

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Fri May 11 10:39:58 CDT 2001

There are papers about from fermi (one at CHEP; the authors were bill
lidinsky and gary roediger). We'd like to strongly discouraging using folks
from  using msb, however. If people really want/need such functionality, a
new tool should be designed and built that gets around the maintenance
problems and bugs in the existing msb. (Bugs that include spewing tens of
megabits of traffic to clients that don't want it any more).

--bob