[AG-TECH] FYI: Running Genter & Epson Projector remote control software under Windows XP

Jay Beavers jbeavers at microsoft.com
Tue Jun 19 22:47:30 CDT 2001

I've successfully used the Gentner software and the Epson projector
software on my single box grid node.

I've attached both devices to the computer using USB instead of serial
cables.  I used the Belkin USB to Serial devices to do so.  Note:  don't
try the USB to Palm Pilot dongles, although they're cheaper and smaller,
they don't carry the full nine pin serial signal and won't work with
ether device.

I used 'Windows 98 Compatibility' mode with the Gentner software.  I
still see application crashes when I click on the 'display matrix'
button, but all other functionality seemed to be working fine.

 - jcb