[AG-TECH] AG HW

John A. Greenfield green at ahpcc.unm.edu
Thu Jun 14 09:38:47 CDT 2001

On the other hand, the Matrox Millenium 450 video card does NOT work
with the current linux iso. The 450 is not supported by the version of
xfree86 in our install and hangs the install.

On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Robert Olson wrote:

> I hear from Chris Geddins that he has M pro hardware, and it works great
> for both the Win2k and Linux side.
>
> --bob
>
> At 10:33 PM 5/29/2001 +0200, Franca Fiumana wrote:
> >Hello,
> >For the setup of the AG Node we are considering an IBM based solution
> >IBM IntelliStation M pro model k2T72xx (for the display, audio capture,
> >video capture and control PC):
> >Pentium III 1000 MHz dual processor
> >512 MB RAM
> >5(4) PCI full size
> >Graphic card Matrox Millenium 450
> >
> >Has anyone experience with this kind of hardware for AG Node, are there
> >known problems with the specific cards to be installed?
> >- matrox G200 for the display pc
> >- Hauppage Wintv 401 for the video capture PC
> >- SB128 card for the audio capture PC
> >
> >Any comment and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> >Regards,
> >         Franca
> >

> >--
> >Franca Fiumana                          e-mail:  f.fiumana at cineca.it
> >CINECA                                  phone:   +390516171588
> >InterUniversity Computer Center         fax:     +390516132198
> >Via Magnanelli, 6/3     I-40033 Casalecchio di Reno (Bologna) Italy

John Greenfield
green at ahpcc.unm.edu
University of New Mexico
THE ALBUQUERQUE HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPUTING CENTER
Office # 505-277-8249
Direct # 505-277-9545
Fax #    505-277-8235