[AG-TECH] New Gentner Software

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jul 23 10:50:17 CDT 2001

At 11:09 AM 7/23/2001 -0400, Mustafa Varank wrote:
>Did anyone try to use new Gentner Software (G-ware Software) AP800, or it
>only works with XAP800?

The G-ware software will only work with the XAP; however, Gentner has
released AP-ware which has the same look and feel as G-Ware, and will also
run on windows 2000.  It's available at

http://www.gentner.com/aptdl.html

NOte that both Gware and APware will consume 100% cpu even in an idle
state. We've not tested yet to see if this has a bad effect on other things
happening on the display box, but it seems it can't be good. Current
thinking is to perhaps move to Win2k on the control machine, so we can run
other network services there as well.

--bob