[AG-TECH] Access Grid documentation

Ken Bishop kbishop at ukans.edu
Mon Jan 29 10:23:33 CST 2001

Hi Friends!

Let me start by telling everyone who is attending the AG retreat
at Argonne this week that I will miss the opportunity to get together
with all of you. I will remain in Lawrence in order to provide post-
operative home care for my wife who will undergo minor surgery.
We anticipate no difficulty-- I'm simply paying back some of the
huge debt I owe following my knee replacements!

Now-- Business:  The PACS, under Steve Gordon's (OSC) lead are
undertaking to formalize the documentation of the Access Grid--
something that many of us have worked at (or talked about) for several
months. The Kansas group is participating an would like to have
your help.

Steve has made some "writing assignments" and has posed a rather
ambitious "first draft" schedule (February 9).  The rather long list of
document topics has been subdivided.  I do not claim to be the
repository of all knowledge and therefore invite you to help with
those topics that "make your toe tap." I am attaching the fraction of
Steve's list that I have agreed to work on. Please look it over: if you
spot a topic that interests you then let me know ASAP. I will respond
immediately with a copy of the "Guidelines for Authors-first draft document
that Steve put out today.

Thanks in advance for your contributions!

Best Regards

Ken Bishop