[AG-TECH]

Russ Wolf russ at bu.edu
Wed Jan 24 13:45:12 CST 2001

>From the Matrox web site:

ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/mga/archive/linux/2001/beta_1_00_04/readme.txt

This release is based on the previous XFree86 beta driver and also
includes
support for the G400 and G200 graphics adapters. Supported features
include
DualHead, digital flat panel, and TVout support for the G400, DualHead
support for the G450, and multiple display support for the G200
Multi-Monitor series. This driver is also programmed to set the internal
clock speeds to production levels, increasing 2D and 3D performance
under
XFree86.

This driver can either be installed by adding the mga_drv.o module to a
working installation of XFree86 4.0.1, or by compiling the module from
source.

as a side note:
I am running 2.2.18 with the painfully built (by hand) XFree86 4.0.1 so
that I could get my GEForce2 card to go but I'm about to switch to an HP
OEM of the G450 (only has 16MB) so I can have 2 heads.