[AG-TECH] Multicast workaround?

Don Morton morton at cs.umt.edu
Sun Feb 25 20:16:57 CST 2001

Well, all, I seemed to make some progress this weekend.  I can get all the
little videos from the lobby on my Video Capture machine.  No idea how
to get it all to the Display machine for projection.  My own cam shows up
on the Display machine, but none of the others do.  I don't know if
anybody out there is getting our cam (I'm just using a single cam for
now).

With audio, hard to tell - for now, I'm just using a headset plugged
direct into the audio card - I can hear my Neil Young cd, and I can
hear myself talk in the mic, but no idea if it's getting out.  Since nobody
seemed to be in the lobby when I was playing with this Saturday
and Sunday, I'll just have to wait till Monday to see.

I feel pretty klutzy with this various software and hardware, but
it seems like it's starting to come together!  I'll try to find some time
to do this on Monday when others might be around to offer advice.

Once I can get this initial communication working as it should, I'll start
adding the Gentner, mics, cams, etc.  For now, I prefer simplicity :)

Thanks, Jennifer, for getting me started!!

Don

--
   Don Morton                     http://www.cs.umt.edu/u/morton/
   Department of Computer Science       The University of Montana