[AG-TECH] SmartBoard + Screens?

Allan Spale aspale at evl.uic.edu
Tue Aug 28 14:08:57 CDT 2001

EVL uses plasma screens instead of projectors in our AG setup.  It is true
that the frame around the screen does take away from having one large
"logical seemless" display.  However, this is not determental, and as of
now, we are planning to retain this design.

As far as arrangement of screens, we are experimenting with trying a 2x2
mini-matrix of displays instead of the 3x1 typical setup.  We only have 3
displays right now, but having the displays in a more compact arrangement
seems favorable.

EVL might have a SmartBoard plasma (the name and description of the item
seems very familiar), and we have considered using some sort of whiteboard
software (WBD, from University College London; the same place that created
VIC, RAT, etc.) with the plasma screens.  We have tried WBD with some sort
of "touch-screen" plasma, and it seemed to work well enough.  If you would
be interested in an EVL contact on this matter, let me know.

Allan
EVL/UIC
node-op