[AG-TECH] Graphic card driver for Linux

Thomas Eickermann th.eickermann at fz-juelich.de
Tue Aug 28 02:37:03 CDT 2001

Robert Olson wrote:

> There are currently two options:
>
> Install 6.2 and have it not configure X, then download and install the
> XFree 4.1 code from http://www.xfree86.com/#currentrel.
>
> Or, you can install RH 7.1 and install the AG packages by hand. Some folks
> have had good luck with this, but it's not something that has been tested
> as well as the 6.2 system.
>
> --bob
>
> At 12:44 PM 8/27/2001 -0500, Supreeya Miller wrote:
> >I bought computers from SAG electronic Inc.  The one that will be for the
> >audio computer has the graphic card, Asus 32MB DDR GeForce 2-AGP.  I could
> >not find the drive for Linux 6.2.  Could anyone help, please?  Any
> >suggestion is welcome.

we had the problem here. We have build XFree 4.0.1 and put the
binary rpm's on the web. So, if you don't want to go through
that process yourself, you may fetch them there - execpt for the
nvidia.driver! You have to get that directly from nvidia's web-site,
because they don't allow redistribution.

regards,
Thomas

Dr. Thomas Eickermann
Zentralinstitut fuer Angewandte Mathematik
Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
D-52425 Juelich
                                     Phone: +49 2461 61-6596
Email: Th.Eickermann at fz-juelich.de   Fax:   +49 2461 61-6656