[AG-TECH] MSB and Linux

Jay Beavers jbeavers at microsoft.com
Thu Aug 16 19:53:24 CDT 2001

FYI, I've just confirmed that if you install VPN on Windows XP Server,
place it on the Internet2, and have it hand out Internet2 addresses, you
can VPN into the box from an Internet1 computer and send/receive
multicast RTP traffic.

This gets us dial-up style authentication on an individual
username/password basis and is also compatible with hardware
authentication systems such as smart cards.

This is the technique we'll be trying at Microsoft Research for our
Internet2/Corporate Network conference bridging.

 - jcb