[AG-TECH] Newbie-- no heartbeat

Mike Daw mike.daw at man.ac.uk
Thu Aug 2 04:30:19 CDT 2001

2 things to check:

1. Have you run set-display-machine? Does the file this writes to have
sufficient information about the display machine (i.e. the name of the
display machine is in /etc/hosts)?

2. Event Server AND Display Manager need to be running on the Display
machine for the video machine to have a heartbeat (though the converse is
not true).