[AG-TECH] RE: AG Packaging Effort

Randy Groves randy.groves at boeing.com
Tue Apr 24 10:13:18 CDT 2001

I would like to extend Gregor's request.  I've looked through the web site
extensively (but maybe not exhaustively), and do not see a list of 'specs'
for a lot of the support equipment such as video capture cards, projectors,
and sound cards.  There are suggestions of models that have worked, but I
do not see - at least collected in one place - a discussion of what it was
about the suggested model that made it a fit.  What specs were essential on
the suggested models?  Were they picked because drivers existed for
Linux?  What physical I/O connections are essential?  I find that several
of the suggestions are hard to get, and/or have been replaced by newer
models, and lacking the required specs, it makes it difficult to determine
if an available model will suffice.  I have read the Hardware Spec
document, and does contain good specs for the computing requirements, but
it is lacking on the other specs.

I realize that there may be a bit of experimentation required in all this,
and I also realized that I may have missed the information somewhere on the
site.  So if someone can point out my ignorance that's fine by me.

-randy