[AG-TECH] Please reserve the Windmer Room.

Don Morton morton at cs.umt.edu
Fri Apr 6 12:19:36 CDT 2001

Jimmy Miklavcic wrote:

> I hope I'm getting this UTC thing right. Correct me if I'm wrong, 7:00 am
> MT is 13:00 Zulu.

This is correct :)

Since "most" of us have gone into Daylight time now, let me
take this opportunity for a quick review:

UTC (aka GMT or Zulu) is a standard and doesn't vary with various
daylight time changes, etc.  It's only "our" relation to
UTC that changes.  In fact, now that England has gone into
British Daylight Time, when it's noon in London, it's actually
1100 UTC.

So, for North America - IF you've gone into Daylight time, you
add the following to YOUR time to get UTC:

Newfoundland and Labrador:                     2.5
Atlantic Time Zone:                            3
Eastern Time Zone:                             4
Central Time Zone:                             5
Mountain Time Zone/Northwest Territories:      6
Pacific/Yukon Time Zones:                      7
Alaska Time Zone:                              8
Hawaii Time Zone:                              9 ??????

I'm not familiar with how Mexican time zones are laid out....
--
   Don Morton                     http://www.cs.umt.edu/u/morton/
   Department of Computer Science       The University of Montana