Use of your AG nodes on Thursday, September 28, 2000

Valerie Taylor taylor at nile.ece.nwu.edu
Fri Sep 22 10:43:09 CDT 2000

Hello Everyone:

I am writing to inquire about the use of your AG nodes for a Coalition to
Diversity Computing Project on for Thursday, 28 September 2000, 4-7pm CDT.
I apologize for the very short notice about sending out this email; I
realize that you have very busy schedules.

The particular project relates to using the AG to create a virtual
community of minority graduate students in the field of computing.  As you
know the number of minority graduate students in computing at any given
school is very low, generally in the single digits and more than likely
less than 5.  We would like to initiate a project that uses the AG nodes
to hold distributed discussion meetings with a focus topic.  We have
discussed this project with Terry, Rick and Roscoe, who were all very
positive about the project.

We, that is Bryant York and I, would like to hold our first practice
Distributed Rap Session next Thursday, from 4-7pm, CDT.  We need your help
to make this project possible in that we do not have the expertise to
operate an AG node.  We would like to have the first meeting consist of
ANL, BU and NCSA.  We are attempting to get approximately 5-8 students
participate at each site.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks,
Valerie

Valerie Taylor 				Northwestern Univ.
taylor at ece.nwu.edu			ECE Department
Associate Professor			Evanston, IL  60208-3118
http://www.ece.nwu.edu/~taylor/         847.467.1168 (voice)
					847.467.4144 (fax)