Fwd: RE: AG at SC00

Rick Stevens stevens at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 20 10:18:22 CDT 2000

Hi all,

Here is a summary of various ideas that have been proposed for AG events
at SC00.  I'd like to get some additional input from the various groups
that have suggested activities and in particular confirmations from groups
that plan to have AG nodes at SC00 and/or up and running during the SC00
conference and that may be planning "private events".

Several groups have proposed roving reporters.. with wearables
etc.  This has been tried several times (first time I'm aware of was back
many years ago in Minneapolis, I forgot the year) in the past and after the
first
hour or so, the technology novelty wears off and people have to focus
on being reporters so it would be great to line up people that have
an interest in collecting stories and interviews in addition to showing
off the tech.

Given the short deadline to SC it is important that groups commit soon to
activities they are willing to lead.  Perhaps we should schedule an AG
discussion on Friday to try to reach consensus on a plan for the SC week.

Cheers,

--Rick