PETSc Workshop Update

Leslie Southern leslie at osc.edu
Mon Sep 18 17:54:19 CDT 2000

Sorry for duplicate emails. Besides sending this to the mailing lists
(ag-tech at mcs.anl.gov, pacs-trn at osc.edu, and
petsc-developers at mcs.anl.gov), I've included individual emails for the
designated contacts.

In this email,
  * summary of 9/18/00 PETSc test cruise
  * PETSc Test Cruise Schedule
  * list of contacts for PETSc Workshop

Summary
-------
Contact(s) from several sites participated in the test cruise, some on
the AG and some via conference call (telco bridge at OSC). They included
ANL, BU (phone), NCSA, NDSU, OSC, and UNM (phone). Sound tests were
accomplished, echos removed, and air conditioners turned-off. Since the
sites span 3 time zones, there was some confusion about the start time.
There wasn't enough representation to discuss all the logistics. We are
hoping for a better turn out next time. For a successful workshop,
everyone involved (AG techs, training contacts, and presenters) should
attend the test cruises. Training folks please communicate with AG
techs. AG techs please communicate with training folks. For info on who
you and they are, please see below. BTW, PETSc is pronounced (PET c).
The S is silent, sorry about that.

Cruise Schedule
---------------
The next PETSc Test Cruise will be Monday, September 25, 2000, where the
presenters will show materials. There will also be a test cruise on
Monday, October 16. At the next test cruise, we will determine if an
intermediate cruise is necessary. All cruises will be in Full Sail. Each
cruise begins at 2:30p eastern, 1:30p central, and 12:30p mountain. See
you then.

The workshop is scheduled for October 17 & 18.

Contacts
--------
ANL
  AG Techs