AG Demonstrations at SC00

Greg Johnson johnson at SDSC.EDU
Mon Sep 18 14:16:48 CDT 2000

Kate asked me to step in on behalf of the SC2000 Webcasts Committee, as
we've been thinking along similar lines.

One of our activities this year will be to webcast content from exhibitors,
eSCapers, and Venture Village contributors.  We've sent out a form to all
participants soliciting 15 minute live demonstrations of interesting work.
This content will be broadcast live, later annotated with titles, and made
available for the duration of the conference.  Based on the feedback I've
received at this early point, I suspect we will have more than ample content.

To do this we've put together a slick wireless Webcasts unit consisting of
an ultra-thin T20 ThinkPad and a digital camera designed to handle the low
light conditions of the Exhibition Hall.

In a nutshell, we may be able to provide 1) daily content and 2) floor
space for an AG node.  As Louis indicated we will have a Webcasts booth.
We've been looking at a high-end broadcast medium, and the AG could be
just the thing.

  greg
  SC2000 Webcasts Committee

Greg Johnson                                         office: (858) 534-8367
Senior Programmer Analyst                               fax: (858) 534-5152
San Diego Supercomputer Center                        email: johnson at sdsc.edu
University of California San Diego