AG Demonstrations at SC00

Huskamp, Jeffrey C. HuskampJ at MAIL.ECU.EDU
Sun Sep 17 12:57:37 CDT 2000

Hmmm, I don't know that the Education Program is doing a roving reporter
idea, although it has been discussed.  We are tied down more in the myriad
of details associated with teachers, including the vendor donations.  I'll
cc Ginger Caldwell to see if there is something going on.

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Louis H. Turcotte [mailto:turcotte at rose-hulman.edu]
Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2000 11:37 AM
To: Borchers, Robert R
Cc: 'Daniel A. Reed'; Rick Stevens; ag-tech at mcs.anl.gov; Jim McGraw
(E-mail); Schermerhorn, Betsy; Huskamp, Jeff; McCaffrey, Joe; Kramer,
Bill; Toole, Tim; Carey, Kate; Duke, Dennis; Jones, Steve; West, John;
Schopf, Jennifer
Subject: Re: AG Demonstrations at SC00

This all sounds good ... Let's make sure we do
it in context of the SC2000 conference ... I think we may already
be planning to have roving reporters (check with Kate Carey and
Jeff Huskamp) ... we also have the eSCape2000 activity which might
be another good thing to capture some of this within - they have
an area on the floor reserved for these types of things ... I know
I already provided my opinion on a previous GRID request for BoFs -
someone wanted to have the GRID BoF during one of our prime invited
speaker talks (due to time differences with Europe) that we
intentionally
don't run parallel tracks within ... so let's be sensitive to other
program elements when we schedule activities ... McGraw knows the
boundaries related that issue ...

but anything that enhances SC and provides benefit for our attendees
I am definitely for ... the entire of wearable computing falls
exactly in the types of things that eSCape2000 was intended for ...
so, if you do these things within that context you will be helping
SC goals and satisfying your own (win/win) ...

great ideas, Dan and team ... we'll work to help and make it all
happen ...

Louis